- 6ft 2 in
- 188 cm
- 1.88 m
Legendary Left-handed fast bowler Wasim Akram was born on 3 June 1966 in Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan. Wasim Akram is known as the “King of Swing” or “Sultan of Swing”. Today world knows him as a cricketer, Commentator and TV personality as an expert. He is known as the first ever fast bowler to cross 500 wickets landmark. He is the ex-captain of Pakistani Cricket Team both in Tests and ODIs. He is the only Pakistani whose name has been added in All times World XI team. He is the player who contributed right from the front to win World cup 1992 for Pakistan.
He is regarded as one of the best bowlers of all times and the only bowler who has been ranked higher than great Imran Khan, Allan Donald, Waqar Younis, Glenn McGrath, Joel Garner, and Muralitharan. Wasim has taken 23 times 4-wickets in 356 matches which is itself a landmark by any fast bowler. Under his coaching, Kolkata Knight Riders won IPL twice.
|Height (ft): 6ft 2 Inches|
|Height (m): 1.88 m|
|Height (cm): 188 cm|
Pakistan won 21 matches under his captaincy. He won several awards and his list of achievement is full of surprises, however, few of them are as under.
- He won the award of “Wisden Cricketer of the Year in 1993”
- First Pakistani bowler and the world’s first fast bowler to take 502 wickets in ODIs
- He is the second highest ODI wicket-taker after Muralitharan
- Wasim took 414 wickets in 104 Test matches
- Holds the record of 4 hat-tricks, two in each, Tests and ODIs
- Highest test score of 257 by number eight batsman
- He took 122 wickets at Sharjah Cricket Stadium – most by any bowler on a single ground
- Holds the record of taking most wickets as Captain – 158 Wickets