The Hitman, Rohit Gurunath Sharma who is also known as “Rohit Sharma” was born in Nagpur, Maharashtra, India, on 30 April 1987. Currently, he is the vice-captain of Indian Cricket Team and opening batsman. He is considered as the most dangerous opening right-handed batsman just like Virender Sehwag and known as the best opening batsman in limited overs. He is the captain of Mumbai Indians in IPL, under his captaincy Mumbai Indians won IPL three times. Sharma got married to Ritika Sajdeh on 13 December 2015.
Rohit Sharma records speak louder than words, he is the only and the first man in the History of ODIs to score three double tons. He is the only first batsman to cross 250 scores in limited overs.
[infobox color=”#AB390B”]Rohit Sharma Height[/infobox][box bg_color=”#98C4DD”]
|Height (ft): 5ft 8 Inches|
|Height (m): 1.73 m|
|Height (cm): 173 cm|
At the age of 20, he was nominated by Indian selectors, at that time, his game was not so mature to justify his talent, IPL gave him a solid way to open up his arms to play freely which became his natural style later.
- He scored 264 scores against Sri Lanka at Eden Gardens Kolkata
- He became the second Indian batsman to score a century in all formats
- In 2015, Forbes India ranked him at 8th position amongst Top 100 Celebrities in India
- Sharma is the only player to score four centuries in T20 International Cricket
- He scored most runs by any batsman in 2017 and 2018
- Sharma scored fastest T20 century at just 35 balls
- While captaining Team he is the only batsman to score 2 centuries in T20 Internationals
- He smashed most sixes by any Indian
- Most sixes in a year – 2017 he hit 66 Sixes
- R. Sharma received Shiv Chhatrapati State Sports Award in 2018
- GQ Sporting Elegance in 2018
- CEAT Indian Cricketer of the Year in 2016
- He also received Arjuna Award in 2015
- Best T20 Innings of the year in 2015 – ESPN Cricinfo Award
- Best ODI Innings of the year in 2013 and 2014- ESPN Cricinfo Award
- Sharma won “Best Indian Cricketer of the Year 2012-2013 in “Dilip Sardesai Award”